Writing essays easily: 5 structuring secrets
For newcomers, writing an essay can be a very tedious exercise. They will most likely benefit from tips and secrets from the more seasoned writing experts. The following are some of the tips that one might use to write a topnotch essay.
- Choose the best topic- the success of the essay will depend on the topic one chooses. The topic chosen should be one that brings the best out of the writer and their abilities. One should choose a topic that they are familiar with and one that they will feel comfortable writing on. The topic choice should also take into consideration the audience. It should interest the audience, be current and not too offensive. The topic chosen should engage both the audience and the writer in everything they write.
- Research- this might seem an obvious thing but its importance should never be understated. Everyone responds to essay that are well researched. If the research is shallow, then the audience cannot be too engaged because chances are that they already know a lot about what they are reading. Whatever one presents to the audience should be as a result of their best research efforts, presenting a new perspective that will capture the minds of the people reading.
- Write according to the essay type- the type of essay being written should also be a contributing factor in the writing process. There are many types of essays, descriptive, academic, persuasive and so one. After choosing the topic, one should decide how best they would like to approach the topic. The type of essay might influence the success of the topic. Presentation matters a lot, and the way one presents their ideas matters a lot and contributes to the end result of the essay.
- Sentence structure- the simplest things are what set most writers apart. Chances are that during research, the student might go as deep as possible and collect varied information. However, the simple things like grammar, sentences structure and presentation might let them down. The ideas should be presented in a clear and concise manner. The arrangement should be chronological and logical, to avoid confusion.
- Proof reading-the value of this should not be ignored. However confident the student is about their ability, passing through the essay at least once to correct possible mistakes cannot hurt. An essay full of mistakes distracts the audience from the message one intends to pass. There are many proofreading tools available even online that one can use for this.